From: Skybuck Flying on

Woops, pressed send a bit too early... must be the Mac getting to me.

Anyway I was trying to install Xcode Tools on Mac OS X 10.4.8

To installer seem to hang at finalizing so I thought I would try to maybe
enable the internet and enable VMware Agent whatever that is...

Then VMWare started bugging me if I wanted to install VMWare Tools.

I clicked install and then it nuked my virtual machine which I already spent
many hours on ?!?

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/Mac%20OS%20X%20on%20Windows/Screenshot7WMwareToolsKilledMacOSXQuestionMark.PNG

Shame on them for nuking my Mac OS X like that.

Or shame on apple if they somehow did this by "essential upgrade" or so.

I shall now see if there is a backup or somehow to fix it otherwise I might
have to attempt a re-install...

Stupid VMWARE !

Another time waster !

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: Skybuck Flying on
Few.. ;)

Suddenly it's working again, after mounting the dvd ?

Apperently it's a devices issue or so ?

Been having some trouble with deamon tools and virtual cd-rom/dvd-rom etc.

Like OS X hanging and such... I am trying to use it as little as possible...

Just to get some necessary files onto the virtual harddisk.

I wish there was an easier way to do stuff... there probably is but I don't
know it yet...

Hoping I will soon have a nice file transfer utility working ;) ;) ;)

Maybe OS X repaired itself... I don't know.

Or maybe I somehow managed to fix it by moving some weird virtual machine
files ;)

New screenshot:

http://members.home.nl/hbthouppermans/Mac%20OS%20X%20on%20Windows/Screenshot8SuddenlyItsWorkingAgainAfterMountingDVDImage.PNG

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: Skybuck Flying on
Nope problem remains...

Gonna delete new screenshot...

Apperently it only now works with the dvd in the drive huh ?

Strange...

Maybe it was always ment to be like that or VMWare just focked it up ?

Confusing/weird ?!

Bye,
Skybuck.

From: Skybuck Flying on
Gonna leave screenshot on because it describes what is happening and what
the fix it...

Now I try mounting the dvd again in vmware maybe that fixes it again... hmm

wacky.

Stupid tools bullshit.

Bye,
Skybuck.