From: Bob on
Does anyone know if there are issues hosting VPCs on virtualized servers? eg
VMWare.

I've got VPC2007 installed on a VMWare Windows Server 2003 - Standard
Edition which are listed as compatible. However when I start the VPCs I only
get black screens. I have confirmed the test VPC works on a non-virtualized
server.

Any ideas?

thanks
From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"Bob" <Bob(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Does anyone know if there are issues hosting VPCs on virtualized servers?
> eg
> VMWare.
>
> I've got VPC2007 installed on a VMWare Windows Server 2003 - Standard
> Edition which are listed as compatible. However when I start the VPCs I
> only
> get black screens. I have confirmed the test VPC works on a
> non-virtualized
> server.
>
> Any ideas?

Are you trying to run a virtual machine inside another virtual machine...?

As far as I'm aware, that won't work...

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Robert Comer on
If you're not getting an error about nested virtualization, most
likely that's not really just a black screen, it's that the VM is
********SLOW*********, especially at POST, minutes just for that.

You really don't want to be doing this, even if it worked it would be
painfully slow for whoever's using the VM's.

--
Bob Comer

From: Steve Jain [MVP] on
wrote:

>Does anyone know if there are issues hosting VPCs on virtualized servers? eg
>VMWare.

Yes, it usually won't work, it's unsupported, and if it does work,
your VMs will be so slow they'll be unusable and unstable.

>I've got VPC2007 installed on a VMWare Windows Server 2003 - Standard
>Edition which are listed as compatible. However when I start the VPCs I only
>get black screens. I have confirmed the test VPC works on a non-virtualized
>server.
>
>Any ideas?

Run all your VMs in VMWare Server.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
From: arturo on
" Run all your VMs in VMWare Server. "

hi Steve,

do you mean it is possible to open VPC 2007 files
from VMWare?

thanks,
Carlos