From: Slasky on
Hello there

I just installed Virtual PC on a laptop, and was planning on using the
virtual OS to make some MSI packages. But everytime I try to install it, it
gets to windows is loading files, then the loading screen and poof BSOD with
the error msg: 0x000000101 (dont know if I have the correct amount of 0's :P )

Any ideas?
From: Steve Jain [MVP] on
On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:43:01 -0800, Slasky
<Slasky(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello there
>
>I just installed Virtual PC on a laptop, and was planning on using the
>virtual OS to make some MSI packages. But everytime I try to install it, it
>gets to windows is loading files, then the loading screen and poof BSOD with
>the error msg: 0x000000101 (dont know if I have the correct amount of 0's :P )
>
>Any ideas?

try updating your BIOS, NIC and video drivers. These are usually the
culprits.

--
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
From: Slasky on
Thanks for the ideas, but everything seems up to date.. trying a free version
of VMware server instead :)

"Steve Jain [MVP]" wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:43:01 -0800, Slasky
> <Slasky(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello there
> >
> >I just installed Virtual PC on a laptop, and was planning on using the
> >virtual OS to make some MSI packages. But everytime I try to install it, it
> >gets to windows is loading files, then the loading screen and poof BSOD with
> >the error msg: 0x000000101 (dont know if I have the correct amount of 0's :P )
> >
> >Any ideas?
>
> try updating your BIOS, NIC and video drivers. These are usually the
> culprits.
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP