From: Brian Johansen on
Hi,

I am currently trying to install the latest vpn client from cisco on vista
(R 5.0.00.0090-k9-beta), but I get an error during install
of the deterministic network enhancer:
InstallDNE
Error: Dneinst execution error while installing DNE, returncode -2146500093

The installer hereafter does a roll back on the installation.

I am not using the MSI installer. I run as Administrator. I also tried R
4.8.02.0010-k9 with same problem.

Any ideas ?

Best regards

Brian

From: Lordscort on
On Feb 20, 9:35 am, "Brian Johansen" <_B_...(a)combilent.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to install the latest vpn client from cisco on vista
> (R 5.0.00.0090-k9-beta), but I get an error during install
> of the deterministic network enhancer:
> InstallDNE
> Error: Dneinst execution error while installing DNE, returncode -2146500093
>
> The installer hereafter does a roll back on the installation.
>
> I am not using the MSI installer. I run as Administrator. I also tried R
> 4.8.02.0010-k9 with same problem.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

I´m currently working with the versión 4.8.02.0010 (installed from the
msi). And work perfectly. During the installation i run it as
Administrator but when it´s installed i use it as a normal user and
works ok.

I hope this can hep you.
Best Regards
Luis

From: Brian Johansen on
Thanks Luis,

How did you elevate the MSI installer ? If I right click the file, I am only
able to choose install. If I run the installshield version I can
choose Runas Administrator.

But both still shows the same error message ?

best regards

Brian

"Lordscort" <luis.muriel(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Feb 20, 9:35 am, "Brian Johansen" <_B_...(a)combilent.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently trying to install the latest vpn client from cisco on vista
> (R 5.0.00.0090-k9-beta), but I get an error during install
> of the deterministic network enhancer:
> InstallDNE
> Error: Dneinst execution error while installing DNE,
> returncode -2146500093
>
> The installer hereafter does a roll back on the installation.
>
> I am not using the MSI installer. I run as Administrator. I also tried R
> 4.8.02.0010-k9 with same problem.
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> Best regards
>
> Brian

Hi Brian,

I�m currently working with the versi�n 4.8.02.0010 (installed from the

From: Steve Ray on
I'd also found that once this is installed you cannot start the Statefull
Firewall from within the IPSec client. V5.0 is in beta if you are able to
access this from CCO

Steve

From: Brian Johansen on
I tried to enable the local Administrator account, and login as such. Now
the MSI installation succeeds !
The installation then wants to reboot, I chose not to reboot and was able to
start the vpn client and connect succesfully.
But after rebooting, vista automatically removes all start menu cisco
entries.
The installation folder still exist, but the vpn executable is not to be
found.

Why ? is vista uninstalling the application ?

regards

Brian