From: Jeff Zeitlin on
Which edition of Windows 7 are you running? If you're running
Professional, Ultimate, or Enterprise, you can obtain - at no cost - the
bits and pieces needed for something called "XP Mode", which is a
special bundle of Microsoft Virtual PC and a Windows XP virtual machine
image for it, set up so that "XP Mode" applications can be invoked from
the main Windows 7 start menu.

Start at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/default.aspx for
more information.