From: Andrew on
Andrew wrote:

2 September 2009 - Vanguard still downloads the dividend reinvestments as a
DIV/MISC EXP pair rather than DIV/BOUGHT (to pick up fractional shares).
Spoke to them (again). Now at least they acknowledge this is a 'global'
problem (duh!).

Estimated fix date is now end of September - well, that's something new. At
least there's a light shining at the end of the tunnel.

Will report back in October (should anyone else care...can't believe I'm the
only one who really gives a hoot about this!).

Regards -

- Andrew

From: Oilcan on
On Sep 2, 11:13 am, "Andrew" <and...(a)jkl.com> wrote:
> Andrew wrote:

> 2 September 2009 - Vanguard still downloads the dividend reinvestments as a
> DIV/MISC EXP pair rather than DIV/BOUGHT (to pick up fractional shares).
> Spoke to them (again).  Now at least they acknowledge this is a 'global'
> problem (duh!).
>
> Estimated fix date is now end of September - well, that's something new.  At
> least there's a light shining at the end of the tunnel.
>
> Will report back in October (should anyone else care...can't believe I'm the
> only one who really gives a hoot about this!).

> Regards -
>
> - Andrew

Perhaps my case is different. vanguard downloaded okay for me (in a
401K account) with the usual exception that I had to adjust the
Quantity (5 places verses 3).

Oilcan
From: Andrew on
Oilcan wrote:
> On Sep 2, 11:13 am, "Andrew" <and...(a)jkl.com> wrote:
>> Andrew wrote:

>> 2 September 2009 - Vanguard still downloads the dividend
>> reinvestments as a DIV/MISC EXP pair rather than DIV/BOUGHT (to pick
>> up fractional shares). Spoke to them (again). Now at least they
>> acknowledge this is a 'global' problem (duh!).
>>
>> Estimated fix date is now end of September - well, that's something
>> new. At least there's a light shining at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>> Will report back in October (should anyone else care...can't believe
>> I'm the only one who really gives a hoot about this!).
>>
>> --
>> Regards -
>>
>> - Andrew
>
> Perhaps my case is different. vanguard downloaded okay for me (in a
> 401K account) with the usual exception that I had to adjust the
> Quantity (5 places verses 3).
>
> Oilcan

Is your account in their mutual fund universe, or individual stocks through
their newly created clearing agent Vanguard Brokerage Services (VBS)? My
problem is with reinvested dividends for individual stocks.

Regards -

- Andrew

From: Stubby on
On Sep 3, 7:47 am, "Andrew" <and...(a)jkl.com> wrote:
> Oilcan wrote:
> > On Sep 2, 11:13 am, "Andrew" <and...(a)jkl.com> wrote:
> >> Andrew wrote:

> >> 2 September 2009 - Vanguard still downloads the dividend
> >> reinvestments as a DIV/MISC EXP pair rather than DIV/BOUGHT (to pick
> >> up fractional shares). Spoke to them (again). Now at least they
> >> acknowledge this is a 'global' problem (duh!).
>
> >> Estimated fix date is now end of September - well, that's something
> >> new. At least there's a light shining at the end of the tunnel.
>
> >> Will report back in October (should anyone else care...can't believe
> >> I'm the only one who really gives a hoot about this!).
>
> >> --
> >> -------------------------------------------------------------
> >> Regards -
>
> >> - Andrew
>
> > Perhaps my case is different.  vanguard downloaded okay for me (in a
> > 401K account) with the usual exception that I had to adjust the
> > Quantity (5 places verses 3).
>
> > Oilcan
>
> Is your account in their mutual fund universe, or individual stocks through
> their newly created clearing agent Vanguard Brokerage Services (VBS)?   My
> problem is with reinvested dividends for individual stocks.

> Regards -
>
> - Andrew- Hide quoted text -

I've been crabbing about this for years. I want the dividend to
appear and then part split off for Federal withholding, maybe some for
State withholding, a bit for fees, some as a cash distribution and
what's left, reinvested. That means there will be a Div, a bunch of
tax-related XOuts, MiscExp, and a final Buy.
From: Andrew on
Stubby wrote:

> I've been crabbing about this for years. I want the dividend to
> appear and then part split off for Federal withholding, maybe some for
> State withholding, a bit for fees, some as a cash distribution and
> what's left, reinvested. That means there will be a Div, a bunch of
> tax-related XOuts, MiscExp, and a final Buy.

Huh? How would Vanguard have any clue as to what to do with the dividend
other than present it as a single cash value (if that's what you get) or
shares reinvestment? You have them do all that stuff you mentioned??
Regards -

- Andrew