From: Gucktly on
I am trying to set up a template with formulas into which I can simply drop
data into and Excel will then run the calculations. However, the data I will
be entering will have many different lengths. How can I make formulas and
equations to handle the variable lengths of my data?

For example, how do I sum the entries in a column if I do not know how many
entries the column will have? Or, how do I sum a column and omit the #DIV/0
entries that will appear in that column?
From: Mike H on
Hi,

I'd fix my formula to eliminate the errors but you can sum the full column
and ignore the errors

=SUMIF(A:A,"<>#DIV/0!")
--
Mike

question.

From: Gary Brown on
- set up your formula in column A referencing B thru IV
- use the ol' if(a1=0,0,b1/a1) workaround.
--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.