From: HackaJAck on
Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my project. I have been working
on this project for 5 months. My deadline is the 9th of October. This morning
when I tried to open my project, VB6 told me that it was unable to load my
project. I tried opening form by form, but some of the forms wouldn't open
and logged and error (Line 9: Class MSAdodcLib.Adodc of control adoDep was
not a loaded class).

I even tried to make a new project and save add the forms to this project,
but they just won't add. All of them gives me the above error. All my other
VB6 projects works . Please could you tell me what to do, I have one week
left to complete this. I'm using Windows XP SP2, with .Net Framework, and
Visual Studio 6 Enterprise Edition. I update my virus protection daily and
download Microsoft updates on a regular basis.
From: expvb on
"HackaJAck" <HackaJAck(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can someone please tell me what is wrong with my project. I have been
> working
> on this project for 5 months. My deadline is the 9th of October. This
> morning
> when I tried to open my project, VB6 told me that it was unable to load my
> project. I tried opening form by form, but some of the forms wouldn't open
> and logged and error (Line 9: Class MSAdodcLib.Adodc of control adoDep was
> not a loaded class).
>
> I even tried to make a new project and save add the forms to this project,
> but they just won't add. All of them gives me the above error. All my
> other
> VB6 projects works . Please could you tell me what to do, I have one week
> left to complete this. I'm using Windows XP SP2, with .Net Framework, and
> Visual Studio 6 Enterprise Edition. I update my virus protection daily
> and
> download Microsoft updates on a regular basis.

"MSAdodcLib.Adodc" is "Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0". You have a problem
in your references or controls. Check if any of the references are missing.

Also, open your VBP files with Notepad and post the lines that begin with
"Object=" and "Reference=" here.

From: HackaJAck on

Hi,

I have tried to open my VBP file with notepad, by Notepad stays empty.
From: Larry Serflaten on

"HackaJAck" <HackaJAck(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

> I have tried to open my VBP file with notepad, by Notepad stays empty.

That's a problem, the VBP file is a text file.

Start a new project, and add in the references you need then try loading
in the forms, one by one (again). Be sure to add controls and references
BEFORE you try to add the forms that need them....

LFS

From: HackaJAck on
I have tried to load all the references as well as the ado components, by it
still gives me the same error.