From: Jim Y on
VB6 uses hexadecimals to define color of forms and text. Is there a program or some way that I can
obtain the following for these 4 colors?

Light Blue = &H00FFFFC0&
Light Yellow = &H00C0FFFF&
Light Red = &H00C0C0FF&
Light Green = &H00C0FFC0&

I need the Hue, Sat, Lum, Red, Green and Blue numerical values of each color.

I am creating some small graphics and want to color match the background when the graphic is placed
on an Image Control. Consider the graphic to be a silver oval in a rectangle. Unfortunately, I
cannot make the background transparent with the software that I am using. I would prefer a method
that will permit me to use any color in the future.

Thank you,
Jim Y

From: Sneha Menon on

Jim Y wrote:
> VB6 uses hexadecimals to define color of forms and text. Is there a program or some way that I can
> obtain the following for these 4 colors?
>
> Light Blue = &H00FFFFC0&
> Light Yellow = &H00C0FFFF&
> Light Red = &H00C0C0FF&
> Light Green = &H00C0FFC0&
>
> I need the Hue, Sat, Lum, Red, Green and Blue numerical values of each color.
Hi Jim

I had no occasion to handle or experiment with Hue, Sat and Lum.

Otherwise, you can specify any color in vb with its RGB values, like
this..

Picture1.backcolor=RGB(120, 28, 255)

Of course, you have to find the RGB values using some external
application.

Regards

Sneha

From: Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB) on
> VB6 uses hexadecimals to define color of forms and text. Is there a
> program or some way that I can obtain the following for these 4 colors?
>
> Light Blue = &H00FFFFC0&
> Light Yellow = &H00C0FFFF&
> Light Red = &H00C0C0FF&
> Light Green = &H00C0FFC0&
>
> I need the Hue, Sat, Lum, Red, Green and Blue numerical values of each
> color.

Not sure about Hue, Sat and Lum, but Red, Green and Blue solutions abound.
Here is one...

Red = ColorValue And &HFF&

Green = (ColorValue And &HFF00&) \ &H100&

Blue = (ColorValue And &HFF0000) \ &H10000

For example, use &H00FFFFC0& for the ColorValue for your light blue color.

Rick

From: Jim Y on

"Sneha Menon" <spiderangelo(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> Jim Y wrote:
>> VB6 uses hexadecimals to define color of forms and text. Is there a program or some way that I
>> can
>> obtain the following for these 4 colors?
>>
>> Light Blue = &H00FFFFC0&
>> Light Yellow = &H00C0FFFF&
>> Light Red = &H00C0C0FF&
>> Light Green = &H00C0FFC0&
>>
>> I need the Hue, Sat, Lum, Red, Green and Blue numerical values of each color.
> Hi Jim
>
> I had no occasion to handle or experiment with Hue, Sat and Lum.
>
> Otherwise, you can specify any color in vb with its RGB values, like
> this..
>
> Picture1.backcolor=RGB(120, 28, 255)
>
> Of course, you have to find the RGB values using some external
> application.
>
> Regards
>
> Sneha

I considered setting the backcolor using code. That is my last resort. I want to know if there is
a way to convert the hexadecimal to the RGB values.

Thank you,
Jim Y

From: Jim Y on

"Rick Rothstein (MVP - VB)" <rickNOSPAMnews(a)NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote in message
>> VB6 uses hexadecimals to define color of forms and text. Is there a program or some way that I
>> can obtain the following for these 4 colors?
>>
>> Light Blue = &H00FFFFC0&
>> Light Yellow = &H00C0FFFF&
>> Light Red = &H00C0C0FF&
>> Light Green = &H00C0FFC0&
>>
>> I need the Hue, Sat, Lum, Red, Green and Blue numerical values of each color.
>
> Not sure about Hue, Sat and Lum, but Red, Green and Blue solutions abound. Here is one...
>
> Red = ColorValue And &HFF&
>
> Green = (ColorValue And &HFF00&) \ &H100&
>
> Blue = (ColorValue And &HFF0000) \ &H10000
>
> For example, use &H00FFFFC0& for the ColorValue for your light blue color.
>
> Rick

How do I get the color value? I have the hex value.

Jim Y