From: Robert L. Oldershaw on

In an unsettling development, Erik Verlinde suddenly lost all gravitas
and began rising over the city of Amsterdam.

He burst into tears and cried out: "I'm sorry; it was only a
hypothesis"!!!

Unfortunately the gods wrere not appeased by his entreaties and he
rose rapidly over Holland and dropped off the radar screen of reality.

Apparently another brave string theorist has given his life for his
fantasies.
From: Jarek Duda on
Hi Robert, there started discussion about this paper a few days ago,
pleas join us:

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.physics/browse_thread/thread/cad35cab9548a59f#
From: Billy on
In article
<31b00e5c-0130-498e-bbd0-2c8f1bed000c(a)5g2000yqz.googlegroups.com>,
"Robert L. Oldershaw" <rloldershaw(a)amherst.edu> wrote:

> In an unsettling development, Erik Verlinde suddenly lost all gravitas
> and began rising over the city of Amsterdam.
>
> He burst into tears and cried out: "I'm sorry; it was only a
> hypothesis"!!!
>
> Unfortunately the gods wrere not appeased by his entreaties and he
> rose rapidly over Holland and dropped off the radar screen of reality.
>
> Apparently another brave string theorist has given his life for his
> fantasies.

<http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=simple-twist-of-fate&pa
ge=2>
--