From: RichA on
Supposedly, it's ready, along with a half-dozen lenses. Now comes an
experiment I've been interested in for a long time. Who really makes
the best sensor? For ages, Olympus pundits have said that given its
size (pixel) that their sensors actually perform better than the
competition. Now, because Canon has an 18 megapixel APS sensor that
performs very well, Olympus fan's claims are likely now proven
hogwash. But, the Nikon sensor is supposedly slightly smaller than
the m4/3rds sensor, and if it has the same number of pixels, we'll
soon know if Nikon's excellent work in APS and FF translates down well
to the smaller size. The annoying thing is that because of the huge
Nikon fan base, pretty soon prices on older lenses (other brands,
CCTV, etc) will rise because Nikon buyers will be adapting them like
Olympus and Panasonic owners have, but in much greater numbers.
From: Robert Coe on
On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 13:51:47 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
: Supposedly, it's ready, along with a half-dozen lenses. ...

My God, how exciting!! And just in time too! It gives us something to occupy
our attention, now that we can no longer speculate about where James Le Bron
is going to play basketball next year.

Bob
From: Rich on
Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM> wrote in

> On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 13:51:47 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com>
> wrote:
>: Supposedly, it's ready, along with a half-dozen lenses. ...
>
> My God, how exciting!! And just in time too! It gives us something to
> occupy our attention, now that we can no longer speculate about where
> James Le Bron is going to play basketball next year.
>
> Bob

They haven't made the device that can measure how little I care about that
basketball team change.