From: TVeblen on
I am having a video card/driver issue with a EVGA GTX260+ card in a
i7-920 build on an Asus P6T mainboard and a CMPSU-750TX power supply.
I've been through all the usual suspects. EVGA is recommending an RMA.
I don't want to be without use of this computer for the some weeks it
will take to do the RMA process. So I will need to choose a temporary
replacement card for this system running Windows 7 64 bit. I can resell
it later or keep it for a future build. But it should be a minimal cost
card that can do a workman's job on daily tasks.
Oh(and Windows Aero - [Or is that a bad joke?])
Any recommendations?
From: Dave C. on
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:00:29 -0500
TVeblen <Killtherobots(a)hal.net> wrote:

> I am having a video card/driver issue with a EVGA GTX260+ card in a
> i7-920 build on an Asus P6T mainboard and a CMPSU-750TX power supply.
> I've been through all the usual suspects. EVGA is recommending an RMA.
> I don't want to be without use of this computer for the some weeks it
> will take to do the RMA process. So I will need to choose a temporary
> replacement card for this system running Windows 7 64 bit. I can
> resell it later or keep it for a future build. But it should be a
> minimal cost card that can do a workman's job on daily tasks.
> Oh(and Windows Aero - [Or is that a bad joke?])
> Any recommendations?

I'd get the following. It will do every-day tasks just fine. You
could even do some minimal gaming with it at low settings. It will be
easy to re-sell later, also. -Dave

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102854

--
Dave C. <noway(a)nohow.never>
From: TVeblen on
On 1/2/2010 3:54 AM, Dave C. wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:00:29 -0500
> TVeblen<Killtherobots(a)hal.net> wrote:
>
>> I am having a video card/driver issue with a EVGA GTX260+ card in a
>> i7-920 build on an Asus P6T mainboard and a CMPSU-750TX power supply.
>> I've been through all the usual suspects. EVGA is recommending an RMA.
>> I don't want to be without use of this computer for the some weeks it
>> will take to do the RMA process. So I will need to choose a temporary
>> replacement card for this system running Windows 7 64 bit. I can
>> resell it later or keep it for a future build. But it should be a
>> minimal cost card that can do a workman's job on daily tasks.
>> Oh(and Windows Aero - [Or is that a bad joke?])
>> Any recommendations?
>
> I'd get the following. It will do every-day tasks just fine. You
> could even do some minimal gaming with it at low settings. It will be
> easy to re-sell later, also. -Dave
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102854

Nice price too. Thanks