From: kitekrazy on
Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot "Max Arwood" <max(a)arwoods.com> grabbed the controls of
> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> I'm looking for a faster AGP video card. I am starting to do a lot of
>> video work and the dropped frames is driving me nuts.
>>
>> I have an NVIDIA GeFroce FX 5200
>>
>> I am looking at ->
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102730&cm_re=a
>> gp_video_card-_-14-102-730-_-Product
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102851&cm_re=a
>> gp_video_card_1gb-_-14-102-851-_-Product
>>
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150433
>>
>> (Don't want it too noisy{fan noise}, under $200)
>
> I've never used any Radeon based cards, so I have no idea which of those
> might be the best, but I do note that the interface is AGP, which is real
> obsolete. That said, the ex DAW P4 computer in my bedroom that is used
> exclusively for running TV has an AGP video card, and is able to run HDTV
> video. I think the vid card in that machine is using a 6000 series nVidia
> based card.

Go with the XFX Radeon 4650. XFX makes quality cards.

The Radeon HD 4650 is far superior to anything nVidia has for AGP. Plus
they consume less watts than nVidia. The 4650 is still a popular card.
One should be so lucky that this GPU is available for AGP.

I use the PCIe version for gaming on the HTPC. I wish the MB had ATi
Crossfire then I would add another card.
From: Bob Donald on
Check your sbc inbox Max.

"Max Arwood" <max(a)arwoods.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for a faster AGP video card. I am starting to do a lot of
> video work and the dropped frames is driving me nuts.
>
> I have an NVIDIA GeFroce FX 5200
>
> I am looking at ->
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102730&cm_re=agp_video_card-_-14-102-730-_-Product
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102851&cm_re=agp_video_card_1gb-_-14-102-851-_-Product
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150433
>
> (Don't want it too noisy{fan noise}, under $200)
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Max Arwood

First  |  Prev  |