From: Mark Warner on

http://winff.org/html_new/

--
Mark Warner
MEPIS Linux
From: alvey on
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 18:51:57 -0500, gitcha wrote:

> What is the best Freeware video converter? I'm using Any Video
> Converter, but, it is so damn slow. I need a faster one.

Depends on the formats that you're converting from and to. How about some
more information?

alvey
From: baynole2 on
On Aug 7, 7:51 pm, gitcha wrote:
> What is the best Freeware video converter?  I'm using Any Video
> Converter, but, it is so damn slow.  I need a faster one.

I likr FormatFactory; it is easy & very versatile. Use v2.20.

How fast it is depends on your PC; it uses some serious CPU power.
From: alvey on
On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 03:51:00 -0500, gitcha wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 13:48:43 +1000, alvey <alvey(a)play.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 18:51:57 -0500, gitcha wrote:
>>
>>> What is the best Freeware video converter? I'm using Any Video
>>> Converter, but, it is so damn slow. I need a faster one.
>>
>>Depends on the formats that you're converting from and to. How about some
>>more information?
>
> I want to post it on the internet. Most free video hosting sites have
> small file sizes. My camera produces a MPEG-4 file format. The 15
> min file is about 600 Meg in size. I've converted it to AVI format,
> but the video portion will not play on winamp or M$ media player on
> XP. Convertng to MPEG makes almost a Gig file, the MPEG plays on
> winamp/MP just fine. Converting to FLV format results in only a 72
> Meg file, but no audio or video output. Not recognized by winamp/MP.
> What a mess.
>
> If I put it on youtube, can I remove it after a couple days?

Try DVD Fab. Especially if you have a multi-threaded processor. It's the
fastest thing I've found for some conversions.

alvey
From: Franklin on
wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 13:48:43 +1000, alvey <alvey(a)play.com> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 18:51:57 -0500, gitcha wrote:
>>
>>> What is the best Freeware video converter? I'm using Any Video
>>> Converter, but, it is so damn slow. I need a faster one.
>>
>>Depends on the formats that you're converting from and to. How about
>>some more information?
>
> I want to post it on the internet. Most free video hosting sites
> have small file sizes. My camera produces a MPEG-4 file format. The
> 15 min file is about 600 Meg in size. I've converted it to AVI
> format,

AVI is a container format which contains compressed video data which is
stored in an additional format.

MPEG-4 is a series of specifications which includes definitions of both a
container format and also several video compression formats.