From: Wilfried on
"David Dickinson" <eveningstar(a)die-spammer-die-mvps.org> wrote:

> Actually, Outlook 95, 97, 98, 2000, and XP (I've never had 2003) all had a
> facility for viewing the original message source. It was usually available
> on the Options dialog after setting a registry value:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Mail]
> "SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders"=dword:00000001
>
> For some reason, I thought that this functionality was removed in Outlook
> 2007, but after I applied the patch (for what I believed was the second
> time) I can now view the original message source.

Hi!
Yes, but as far as my experience goes the message source will be stored
in the .pst file for ever. If the message contains attachments and the
registry value is set to 1, also the encoded attachments are stored in
the message source. This way your .pst file may grow very fast.
Deleting the attachments from the message only deletes the decoded
versions but not the attachment part in the message source which is
(encoded as it is) even larger than the original or decoded attachment.
You can get rid of the large source messages only by deleting the
message completely.
Please correct me if there is a way for removing the attachments from
the message source once the message has been stored in the .pst file.
Wilfried

--
Wilfried Hennings
please reply in the newsgroup, the e-mail address is invalid