From: Kurt on
This may sound like the lamest problem somebody can have but, I've tried
installing Virtual PC on my Windows Vista Ultimate PC over a dozen times
now, and it does not install. I've tried with antivirus and antispyware
running and with the firewall turned off. I also read in some note online
that pop-up blocking needs to be turned off also so, have tried that.

Here are the steps I perform:

1. Run the setup.exe application from the folder I saved it in.
2. Next opens the "Open File - Security Warning" window, I click the
"Run" button
3. Then opens the "User Account Control" window saying "A program
needs your permission to continue" and I click the "Continue" button
4. Next the "Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 Wizard" window opens and I
click the "Next" button
5. Next, the "License Agreement" window opens. I click the radio
button next to "I accept the terms in the license agreement" and click the
"Next" button
6. Next, the "Customer Information" window opens. My first name
appears in the "Username" block; leave the "Install this application for:
Anyone who uses this computer (All Users)" and the key is grey - I cannot
change this at all so, I leave it alone. Then I click the "Next" button
7. on the "Ready To Install the Program" window, I leave everything
as default and click on the "Install" button
8. and this is where everything comes to a COMPLETE HALT! At the
"Installing Microsoft Virtual PC 2007" window, nothing happens at all. The
window will sit there for about 10 or 15 minutes before the system displays
a small winodw saying something like "Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 Wizard has
stopped working" or similar.

I haven't been able to find ANY information about trouble installing this
application so, it sounds like it should be a no-brainer. Does anybody have
ANY idea what to do with this?

From: Kurt on
I meant to say I tried with both antivirus and antispyware software turned
off. One off, one on; switched both off and on. The combinations I've
tried, I've lost track of, because there have been so many.

Kurt

From: Mark Rae [MVP] on
"Kurt" <kurtmd(a)mail.com> wrote in message

> 1. Run the setup.exe application from the folder I saved it in.
> 2. Next opens the "Open File - Security Warning" window, I click the
> "Run" button
> 3. Then opens the "User Account Control" window saying "A program
> needs your permission to continue" and I click the "Continue" button

Have you tried to right-click on the setup and select "Run as
administrator"...?

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: Kurt on
Yes, have done that too.

From: Kurt on
Okay, just tried running it again and the final error message says:
"Installer is no longer respnonding." and the button choices are "Retry" and
"Cancel".