From: Norm on
Hi,

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have Virtual PC 2007 installed. I have Win
98SE, ME, 2000 and XP all installed as virtual os's and they connect to the
internet just fine using Shared Networking (NAT). I installed Vista Ultimate
today, for testing and cannot get it to connect to the internet. Is Vista
doing something different and if so what do I need to change to get it to
work?

Thanks,
Norm

From: Kari on

Norm;1244958 Wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have Virtual PC 2007 installed. I have
> Win
> 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP all installed as virtual os's and they connect to
> the
> internet just fine using Shared Networking (NAT). I installed Vista
> Ultimate
> today, for testing and cannot get it to connect to the internet. Is
> Vista
> doing something different and if so what do I need to change to get it
> work?
>
> Thanks,
> Norm

My Virtual Vista also refuses to connect when using NAT, but has no
problems to connect using host's NIC. Change vm's NIC from settings,
choose your host's NIC and see if you can connect.

Kari

--
Kari

Have you already joined *'The 7 forums'
(http://www.sevenforums.com/)*?
[image: http://www.vistax64.com/picture.php?albumid=206&pictureid=854]
Don't forget *'The 8 Forums' (http://www.theeightforums.com/)*
From: Norm on

"Kari" <guest(a)unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Norm;1244958 Wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have Virtual PC 2007 installed. I have
>> Win
>> 98SE, ME, 2000 and XP all installed as virtual os's and they connect to
>> the
>> internet just fine using Shared Networking (NAT). I installed Vista
>> Ultimate
>> today, for testing and cannot get it to connect to the internet. Is
>> Vista
>> doing something different and if so what do I need to change to get it
>> work?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Norm
>
> My Virtual Vista also refuses to connect when using NAT, but has no
> problems to connect using host's NIC. Change vm's NIC from settings,
> choose your host's NIC and see if you can connect.
>
> Kari
>

> --
> Kari
>
> Have you already joined *'The 7 forums'
> (http://www.sevenforums.com/)*?
> [image: http://www.vistax64.com/picture.php?albumid=206&pictureid=854]
> Don't forget *'The 8 Forums' (http://www.theeightforums.com/)*

Hi Kari,

Thanks for the answer, but I do not have that option. I only show Not
Connected, Local Only and the NAT connection.

Norm

From: Norm on
I got it working, by uninstalling and then reinstalling Virtual PC 2007

Thanks for the help.
Norm