From: curtis on
Can I also assume that I would use relay_domains and relay_transport?

Correct?

From: mouss on
curtis(a)maurand.com a �crit :
> Can I also assume that I would use relay_domains and relay_transport?
>
> Correct?

see the ADDRESS CLASS README.

in short, domains/addresses come into many flaours:

- if mail is to be delivered to unix accounts, then
* list the domain in mydestination
* list valid addresses in local_recipient_maps

- if postfix should deliver locally to virtual mailboxes (same box, but
not unix accounts). then
* list the domain in virtual_mailbox_domains
* list valid addresses in virtual_mailbox_maps

- if mail should be forwarded to a remote server, then
* list the domain in relay_domains
* list valid addresses in relay_recipient_maps

- if the domain is an alias (foo(a)alias.example goes to
foo(a)target.example), then
* list the domain in virtual_alias_domains
* add address mappings in virtual_alias_maps.

- anything else is a "foreign" mail that is rejected by
reject_unauth_destination. and is otherwise forwared using transports
(default-ing to MX/A lookup).

with experience, you can play with all the above (for example, with
transport_maps, you can change the destination...). but the above should
give you an idea of what class is for what mail.