From: MVM on
A program called Personal Security loaded onto my laptop last night. It's
blocking about 95% of websites, claiming they are unsafe. It keeps going into
"buy a license" for $70; once it does that, I can't get to anything else. It
also does this when I try to delete it via the Control Panel add/remove
programs. I was able to get it out of my startup init but it's still
running. Anyone know how I can get rid of it? P.S. I'm on my husband's
laptop now...:-(
--
MVM

From: sandy58 on
On May 24, 5:26 pm, MVM <M...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> A program called Personal Security loaded onto my laptop last night.  It's
> blocking about 95% of websites, claiming they are unsafe. It keeps going into
> "buy a license" for $70; once it does that, I can't get to anything else.  It
> also does this when I try to delete it via the Control Panel add/remove
> programs.  I was able to get it out of my startup init but it's still
> running. Anyone know how I can get rid of it?  P.S. I'm on my husband's
> laptop now...:-(
> --
> MVM

You didn't pay, did you???? :-)
I had it yesterday and eventually wiped my partition. Nuisance mostly
but not nice either. Good luck.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "MVM" <MVM(a)discussions.microsoft.com>

| A program called Personal Security loaded onto my laptop last night. It's
| blocking about 95% of websites, claiming they are unsafe. It keeps going into
| "buy a license" for $70; once it does that, I can't get to anything else. It
| also does this when I try to delete it via the Control Panel add/remove
| programs. I was able to get it out of my startup init but it's still
| running. Anyone know how I can get rid of it? P.S. I'm on my husband's
| laptop now...:-(

Not a "virus" but is is malware of the trojan class.

The URL Tom provided will help you.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-personal-security

--
Dave

From: Mr Percy Verence on
you may delete from safe mode_Or do a system restore first