From: Ramu on
About BSOD, there seems be some issue with the media you are using or slipteaming process failed.

>Will a person still be able to use a vanilla disc and
>then update it from
>there or will there be issues with this once support
>stops?
No matter the way you install SP3(slipstream or installation on top of vanilla XP), MS will support though they stops supporting XP and support for SP3 exists.

In other words, you should not face any issues in terms of support if you install vanilla XP first and then SP3.

Hope this helps.

W****n S. wrote:

merge SP3 into a vanilla XP disc
23-May-10

I tried this already with image burn and the disc seemed to come out ok but
when I tried to use the disc it gave me a BSOD after it had loaded most of
the files.

I am trying to do this because I am wondering what will happen when support
is stopped for XP prior to SP3.

Will a person still be able to use a vanilla disc and then update it from
there or will there be issues with this once support stops?

Any thoughts?

Thx,

WS

Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5261083e-6e03-4b25-8728-fc3cf6855293/free-online-courses-avail.aspx

Pages: 1
Prev: merge SP3 into a vanilla XP disc
Next: Virus?