From: Sebekagames on
Hi, I work for a school district and I have been using wds to deploy images
to hp530's, dell gx240's, dell 610's and dell 1520 laptops. Ive come into a
problem trying to get back to xp pro from vista business. I have a cart of
25 dell inspiron 1300 laptops that currently have a working vista business
install on them. I created an xp pro laptop and imaged it. I boot the other
laptops with the nic, select boot install, and then select my dell 1300
image. As soon as I hit next, the screen flashes for a second and then gives
me a popup that says basically "sources are unavailable".

I know you cant use other systems images, but for the heck of it, I tried to
select other images for other systems thinking it might get part way before
giving me a BSOD due to the HAL issues, but they also say installation
sources are unavailable. These other images are working and were tested to
make sure after trying them out on the 1300. Is this an issue with vista
being installed first and then trying to go backward? Im hesitant to wipe
the drive and then end up loosing a working system for the kids.

Anyone else use wds on these to go backwards to xppro from vista business?

Thankyou very much,
Dan.