From: Marisa on
My Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop just automatically updated my system with the
new SP2 for Vista,and now my sound doesn't work at all.I can't get sound in
IE,I can't get sound in a game I loaded onto the desktop and have been
playing for about a week with no problems,and my iTunes won't even try to
play songs,although it works fine otherwise.I've tried pressing the sound
buttons on my laptop,adjusting the on-screen volume toggle and playing with
the volume sliders in all my programs,and restarting,but nothing.I'd ideally
like to uninstall the SP2,since I think I was doing fine without it and I'm
now noticing some slight lag on videos that I think might also be associated
with the update.Any help?I know lots of other people are having this problem
too,from searching around.

Also,I hope I posted this in the right place,but this website is not at all
user-friendly,so I'm doing my best here.