From: Ian UK on
I keep getting prompted to install this "important" update - KB948465. It
successfully instals and then sometimes within a few minutes but usually a
day later when turning on PC, I get a prompt saying new updates are available
and it's this one again (same number).

Are these all different patches that need installing (as I continue to do)
or is this a problem that's causing the same patch to reoccur continually?

From: Shenan Stanley on
Ian UK wrote:
> I keep getting prompted to install this "important" update -
> KB948465. It successfully instals and then sometimes within a few
> minutes but usually a day later when turning on PC, I get a prompt
> saying new updates are available and it's this one again (same
> number).
>
> Are these all different patches that need installing (as I continue
> to do) or is this a problem that's causing the same patch to
> reoccur continually?

Start button --> RUN
(no "RUN"? Press the "Windows Key" + R on your keyboard)
--> type in:
winver
--> Click OK.

The picture at the top of the window that opens will give you the general
(Operating System name and edition) while the line starting with the word
"version" will give you the rest of the story. Post _both_ in response
to this message verbatim. No paraphrasing - instead - ensure
character-for-character copying.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Windows Vista SP2 issues until 26 February 2010. Availability of chat or
e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Some issues
may require more advanced support for which there is a charge. Go to
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?prid=13014&gprid=582034 &
select appropriate category (i.e., Download issue; Installation issue;
Issues after you install a service pack).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)