From: GodzFire on
I have NO idea what you are talking about

From: Robert Aldwinckle on
"GodzFire" <GodzFire(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have NO idea what you are talking about

>> So does Vista show the same message for net helpmsg 1402

Open a cmd window. E.g. Run... (press Win-R and enter:) cmd.exe

In the cmd window's command line enter: net helpmsg 1402

What do you see?

>> Perhaps you should try avoiding the mouse of your mouse for this update?

Sorry that contains a typo. I meant to write:

>> Perhaps you should try avoiding the pointer of your mouse for this update?

For example, the message I see (on XP) refers to "cursor".
FYI the pointer of your mouse is also known as a "cursor"

>> Or, if you're using a multi-monitor configuration try switching to just one?

If you use more than one monitor or more than one pointing device
you could have an unusual case involving "cursor". Simplifying those
cases by reducing the number of display areas and pointing devices
to one (e.g. a standard hardware configuration) would be a good way
of testing if a more complex configuration was causing your symptoms.

BTW since all your problem updates seem to involve Office
I could have suggested you try the Office Updates newsgroup instead.

Hmm... in that case it's possible that the meaning of the 1402
will be something other than what your OS usually thinks it means:

<title>Error message when you start Word: &quot;Error 1402.
Speech recognition files can't install files due to installer 1450.&quot;</title>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912256

(Live Search for
(57A OR 0x057A OR 1402) office update site:microsoft.com
)

Hint: look for details in the logs that the updates are creating.
You can use the hex code or its decimal equivalent to search for its context.
Speculation is fun but less effective for problem-solving than systematic
logical inference but to do the latter you need FACTS.
So far all you have given us is a code, so I was showing you how you
could find a possible meaning for the code and from those details
then try to infer why that code might have been issued.

HTH

Robert
---