From: oldskewltech on

John Bailey and rabbaa,
Thanx for the posts, it helped me out of the same issue. I was able to
correct it with John's original post and rabbaa's corrected path. I
hope no one minds that I combined everything into this reply for ease of
access to anyone else who needs it. I also had to go in through safe
mode to correct this. I take no credit for this fix.

Log on with another administrator profile.
Execute regedit
Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\
Go through the profiles to find yours. You can use the ProfileImagePath
identify your profile
The key to your profile may have a ".bak" appended to it. There will be
another identical key except for the bak. Rename this key and rename
yours
removing the ".bak"
Change the State property to 0.

Log off and retry logging on with your profile. It should now work.

--
oldskewltech
oldskewltech's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/202299.htm

http://forums.techarena.in