From: larry on
Has anyone been able to get the tv wonder 650 to work using the drivers on
ATIs website in Vista?
The card works fine in XP but I am unable to get it to work in Vista.

I have the same hardware setup in Vista as in XP with the hdd being the
only difference.

From: Ted F on
It does if you let windows update download and load the drivers for you.
I've tried downloading and installing the drivers from ATI website, they DO
NOT WORK.

After I install the ATI web drivers, I got instant blue screens BSOD. I had
to go into safemode to uninstall the drivers. Reboot the computer then MS
windows update again downloaded, installed the drivers and the card was
fine.

I have the ATI X1300 256MB PCIe video card and the ATI Wonder 650 PCI card
installed with Vista Home Premium 32-Bit OS. Both Works Great!! NO problems.
Windows Media Center setup easy too.

From: larry on

"Ted F" < It does if you let windows update download and load the drivers
for you.
> I've tried downloading and installing the drivers from ATI website, they
> DO NOT WORK.
>
> After I install the ATI web drivers, I got instant blue screens BSOD. I
> had to go into safemode to uninstall the drivers. Reboot the computer then
> MS windows update again downloaded, installed the drivers and the card was
> fine.
>
> I have the ATI X1300 256MB PCIe video card and the ATI Wonder 650 PCI card
> installed with Vista Home Premium 32-Bit OS. Both Works Great!! NO
> problems. Windows Media Center setup easy too.
>

> "larry" <larrynospam(a)Nothanks.com> wrote in message
>>> Has anyone been able to get the tv wonder 650 to work using the drivers
>>> on
>> ATIs website in Vista?
>> The card works fine in XP but I am unable to get it to work in Vista.
>>
>> I have the same hardware setup in Vista as in XP with the hdd being the
>> only difference.

Thanks for the tip. I just tried that but it didn't help, The drivers appear
to install fine.

In device manager it says "this device cannot find enough free resources
that it can use (code 12)"
but that doesn't make sense to me, it is the exact same hardware config as
in XP I just swapped out the
HDD. The only hardware other than my 650 and a Radeon 9550 that I have
connected to my computer is the DVD burner and an old floppy drive.
I suspect it may be an issue with my motherboard (ASUS a7v8x-x) and Vista.
Unfortunately on the ASUS website there are no updated Vista
drivers for it.
Perhaps I should wait untill Vista is out for a few more months and just
continue with XP.