From: pdom on
Hi!
I've been trying to install the update "Microsoft Corporation - Networking -
Windows Mobile-based Device" for the last week (released may 27)

But it doesn't install. It gives the error code 800705B3 (and sometimes
800F020B).
I haven't been able to find an explination for that code anywhere.

Can anyone in here help, please??

Using Win Vista Ultimate 64-bit Danish Version.
From: Boban on
Absolutely the same problem! After 6 tries, this update not appears any
more?!?!

Vista Ultimate English, 64-bit.

From: Robert Aldwinckle on
"pdom" <pdom(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just hope that someone else will be able to help, then!
>
> I can't see anything wrong with my iPaq.
>
> Thanks for trying though, TaurArian!
>

> "TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:
>
>> I haven't been able to come up with anyting on the error 800705B3 except for video card
>> related.
>> Not much help I'm afraid.

<cmd_output OS="XPsp2">
F:\WINDOWS\system32>set /a c = 0x5b3
1459
F:\WINDOWS\system32>net helpmsg 1459

This operation requires an interactive window station.
</cmd_output>

If the code has the same meaning on your OS it would appear
that you're trying to do something inappropriate to your device
(e.g. applying an update to what appears to be a headless computer.)

As usual the code doesn't mean much by itself so we need its context
in the logs. Search for both the hex and decimal values in all files which
changed during the update attempt.

BTW I suspect you would have better luck reposting in (or cross-posting to)
a newsgroup which specialized in your device than just asking here.
However, I am so unfamiliar with whatever it is that you might be doing
that I don't even have a clue of which one to pick. Vista Hardware Devices
would be the one I'd try if I had to choose one. Perhaps there is a specific
web forum for iPaq users that would be an even better choice? Etc.

Hmm... does this help? Perhaps you should be using XP instead of Vista?
<eg>

http://www.lhotka.net/weblog/HowToSyncAnHPIPAQ4150WithWindowsVista.aspx

(Live Search for
ipaq "windows update" Vista MVP
)

N.B.:

<quote>
I ran the ROM upgrade from an XP machine. While the ROM upgrade utility will try
to run on Vista, it won�t succeed � bad HP for not including an OS version check
in such a critical utility!!
</quote>

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle