From: Dave on
Hi all,

Does anybody have any inside information on the availability of a Vista
32-bit driver for the FireGL series? I posted a question to ati.amd.com
earlier this month and the response came back "mid-February", which has
come and gone. The driver that installed with Vista does not support
dual monitors, which is something I need. I'm thinking of dropping back
to a Radeon 9700 that I have in another machine. Is ATI always so
casual about meeting advertised driver deadlines? ;)

Dave
From: Benjamin Gawert on
* Dave:

> Does anybody have any inside information on the availability of a Vista
> 32-bit driver for the FireGL series? I posted a question to ati.amd.com
> earlier this month and the response came back "mid-February", which has
> come and gone. The driver that installed with Vista does not support
> dual monitors, which is something I need. I'm thinking of dropping back
> to a Radeon 9700 that I have in another machine. Is ATI always so
> casual about meeting advertised driver deadlines? ;)

Can't tell you when the FireGL drivers for Vista will come out but I
have an FireGL V7200 running just fine with a modified version of the
standard Catalyst driver for Vista...

Benjamin
From: Dave on
In article <54j7oaF2181mtU1(a)mid.individual.net>, bgawert(a)gmx.de says...
> * Dave:
>
> > Does anybody have any inside information on the availability of a Vista
> > 32-bit driver for the FireGL series? I posted a question to ati.amd.com
> > earlier this month and the response came back "mid-February", which has
> > come and gone. The driver that installed with Vista does not support
> > dual monitors, which is something I need. I'm thinking of dropping back
> > to a Radeon 9700 that I have in another machine. Is ATI always so
> > casual about meeting advertised driver deadlines? ;)
>
> Can't tell you when the FireGL drivers for Vista will come out but I
> have an FireGL V7200 running just fine with a modified version of the
> standard Catalyst driver for Vista...
>
> Benjamin

Hmmmm.... "modified", eh? What did you have to change and how? I have
the V7100 and it seems to work for the most part, but I can't get dual
monitors to operate correctly. :(

Dave
From: Benjamin Gawert on
* Dave:

> Hmmmm.... "modified", eh? What did you have to change and how? I have
> the V7100 and it seems to work for the most part, but I can't get dual
> monitors to operate correctly. :(

Add the FireGL ID to the driver inf files, but be sure to change the GPU
ID to the one for the corresponding Radeon card (i.e. for the FireGL
V7100 choose the Radeon X800 GPU). Installation has to be done manually
via "update driver" (automatic install with setup doesn't work). Add the
ATI Catalyst Control Center and you should be set...

But be aware that this means you have to use the OpenGL drivers from the
Radeon cards which may show some errors in certain OpenGL applications...

Benjamin