From: Mark on
I currently work in Finance and have been told that VB.net is a useful tool
for financial modeling which I want to learn. Any opinions on this?

Thanks
--
Mark
From: Bob Butler on

"Mark" <Mark(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently work in Finance and have been told that VB.net is a useful tool
> for financial modeling which I want to learn. Any opinions on this?

This group is for VB 6 and earlier; VB.Net is a substantially different
language. You need to ask in a group with "dotnet" in the name.

From: Dee Earley on
On 28/04/2010 18:08, Bob Butler wrote:

> "Mark" <Mark(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I currently work in Finance and have been told that VB.net is a useful
>> tool
>> for financial modeling which I want to learn. Any opinions on this?
>
> This group is for VB 6 and earlier; VB.Net is a substantially different
> language. You need to ask in a group with "dotnet" in the name.

Furthermore, I don't think any of the procedural languages are good for
this.
Maybe something like APL or a functional language?

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Paul Clement on
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 09:59:01 -0700, Mark <Mark(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

� I currently work in Finance and have been told that VB.net is a useful tool
� for financial modeling which I want to learn. Any opinions on this?

You can find the Visual Basic .NET forums at the below link:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/visualbasic

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)