From: David on
A form can be Modal. Menus also appear to be Modal.

Is there anyway to create an object and make it modal (independent)
of the form or any control on the form?

From: Bob Butler on

"David" <NoWhere(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>A form can be Modal. Menus also appear to be Modal.
>
> Is there anyway to create an object and make it modal (independent)
> of the form or any control on the form?

I think you need to elaborate on what you are trying to do. 'Modal' is not
a synonym for 'independent'.

What kind of object are you looking to create and what do you mean by making
it independent of the GUI objects?

From: Nobody on
"David" <NoWhere(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>A form can be Modal. Menus also appear to be Modal.
>
> Is there anyway to create an object and make it modal (independent)
> of the form or any control on the form?

As Bob said, your question is not clear, however, try searching the
newsgroups for "vb topmost".

From: Dee Earley on
On 28/04/2010 15:31, David wrote:
> A form can be Modal. Menus also appear to be Modal.
>
> Is there anyway to create an object and make it modal (independent)
> of the form or any control on the form?

I assume you mean a singleton, where only one instance can exist at a time?
A single global variable or maybe a factory function that creates one if
needed and just returns the same instance.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: Jeff Johnson on
"David" <NoWhere(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message

>A form can be Modal. Menus also appear to be Modal.
>
> Is there anyway to create an object and make it modal (independent)
> of the form or any control on the form?

Modal means that when the given object is activated, no object in its parent
hierarchy will be responsive to either mouse or keyboard input. Only forms
are truly modal; menus are semi-modal. You cannot make controls modal. Ever.

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: touchpad programming
Next: Visual Basic.net