From: Nobody on
"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
> What event triggers the master loop? Is it a Timer or something else?

Also, when the user is using the tool, is the mouse button down "all the
time", and the drawing continues when the mouse button is released?

From: David on
I've looked up C++ menus and didn't see difference than
normal loop processing for other controls. Can you
point me in the right direction?

From: David on
> Also, when the user is using the tool, is the mouse button down "all the
> time", and the drawing continues when the mouse button is released?

Yes, especially when dragging (e.g. pencil end point or segment).

From: Jeff Johnson on

> I've looked up C++ menus and didn't see difference than
> normal loop processing for other controls. Can you
> point me in the right direction?

No, I guess I can't. Maybe I'm completely wrong.

From: David on
No Timer. Graph is handled from the Picturebox Paint event.
Tools are handled from the Picturebox Mouse events.

"Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
> "David" <NoWhere(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Mr Johnson:
>>
>> I guess my question centers mostly around menus and how they appear to be
>> independent. You would think -- my logic -- that the form would be the
>> parent and the menu would be an object under the parent form.
>> When the master parent (form) loop is processed by the OS, the other
>> loops -- menu, any controls, etc. -- should be processed as a subset
>> under the parent (form) loop.
>>
>> So how does the menu become "semi-modal"?
>
> What event triggers the master loop? Is it a Timer or something else?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: touchpad programming
Next: Visual Basic.net