From: Randy on
I'm running Visual Studio 2008 Pro on Windows 7. It was all working fine. A
week ago I installed XNA 3.0. I don't know if installing XNA had anything to
do with it but I noticed now that everytime I open the VS 2008 IDE and wait
a few seconds, a dialog pops up saying "Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 has
stopped working" and gives me Debug/Close Program buttons.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks
Randy

From: PvdG42 on

"Randy" <temp(a)temp.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Visual Studio 2008 Pro on Windows 7. It was all working fine.
> week ago I installed XNA 3.0. I don't know if installing XNA had anything
> do with it but I noticed now that everytime I open the VS 2008 IDE and
> wait
> a few seconds, a dialog pops up saying "Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 has
> stopped working" and gives me Debug/Close Program buttons.
> Does anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Thanks
> Randy

Have you tried uninstalling XNA to see if the VS behavior changes? I also
note that for XNA 3.0 and 3.1, Windows 7 is not listed as a supported OS.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=80782277-d584-42d2-8024-893fcd9d3e82&displaylang=en

From: Randy on
Yes, I've uninstalled XNA and VS2008, rebooted and reinstalled VS2008 but
the same behavior is there.
Installing XNA may well indeed be the culprit, but lots of other things for
Vista run fine under 7. I was involved in the Win 7 beta and common
knowledge was Vista apps run under Win7.

From: Randy on
FYI
I found the resolution. You go to Tools/Options and reset to defaults. I saw
this posted somewhere and wanted to try it. It fixed the problem.
Thanks for answering me on my question.