From: Giovanni Dicanio on
So, VS2010 is finally released!

I'd like to signal this interesting article:

"Exploring New C++ and MFC Features in Visual Studio 2010"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee336130.aspx

Giovanni

From: Hector Santos on
Giovanni Dicanio wrote:

> So, VS2010 is finally released!
>
> I'd like to signal this interesting article:
>
> "Exploring New C++ and MFC Features in Visual Studio 2010"
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee336130.aspx
>

> Giovanni

Interesting.

What comes to mind is that the coding is getting bulkier and bulkier.

More mental time is spend in figuring out syntax and construct, we
need a SYMBOLIC language once again!

Anything like a APL/C++ language? <g>

--
HLS
From: Giovanni Dicanio on
"Hector Santos" <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> What comes to mind is that the coding is getting bulkier and bulkier.

I'm curious to what particular point are you referring.

Actually, to my understanding, with some of C++0x features implemented in
VC10 (VS2010), the code is *less* bulky.
e.g. thanks for new C++0x lambda syntax, you can have short code like this:

<code lang="C++0x">

[x, y](int n) {
return x < n && n < y;
}

</code>

instead of classical C++ functor-style code like this:

<code lang="C++">

class LambdaFunctor {
public:
LambdaFunctor(int a, int b) : m_a(a), m_b(b) { }
bool operator()(int n) const {
return m_a < n && n < m_b; }
private:
int m_a;
int m_b;
};

</code>

And the 'auto' keyword helps in the same direction, too.

Thanks,
Giovanni

From: Giovanni Dicanio on
"Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio(a)REMOVEMEgmail.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:uod2cny2KHA.4332(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> "Hector Santos" <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>> What comes to mind is that the coding is getting bulkier and bulkier.
>
> I'm curious to what particular point are you referring.

And speaking of MFC, with VS2010's MFC you have quality integration of your
MFC app in Windows 7 shell e.g. the tabbed thumbnails are available
out-of-the-box, instead if you use a previous version of VS/MFC you have to
write C++ code by hand to properly integrate in new Windows 7 shell, e.g.
see this video on Channel 9:

http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/yochay/Programming-the-Windows-7-Taskbar--Tabbed-Thumbnails/

Giovanni

From: Pete Delgado on

"Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio(a)REMOVEMEgmail.com> wrote in message
> So, VS2010 is finally released!
>
> I'd like to signal this interesting article:
>
> "Exploring New C++ and MFC Features in Visual Studio 2010"
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ee336130.aspx

I downloaded it last night and will likely install it on a VM today and give
it a test run. Thank God for MSDN subscriptions! :-)

-Pete