From: Alan T on
Hi,
I cannot find VWD newsgroup so I post the message here.

Just downloaded VWD 2010, would like to know the steps to connect to MySQL
5.
I have downloaded MySQL ODBC driver and added into System -> DSN already.

From: Mr. Arnold on

<http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=connecting+to+mysql+using+odbc+ado.net&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=connecting+to+mysql+using+odbc+ado.net&gs_rfai=CpwWrC8MYTNLfKYK_tge8lqCwCgAAAKoEBU_QVG0K&fp=f11974faf5e3db50>
From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 16-06-2010 01:47, Alan T wrote:
> I cannot find VWD newsgroup so I post the message here.
>
> Just downloaded VWD 2010, would like to know the steps to connect to MySQL
> 5.
> I have downloaded MySQL ODBC driver and added into System -> DSN already.

Don't use the ODBC driver.

Use the MySQL connector for .NET.

You connect to MySQL similar to how you connect to any database
using ADO.NET.

Arne

PS: Also be sure to read the license for MySQL ODBC driver
and ADO.NET provider !
From: Man T on
> Don't use the ODBC driver.
>
> Use the MySQL connector for .NET.
>
> You connect to MySQL similar to how you connect to any database
> using ADO.NET.

Hi,

I just created the MySQL connection from Database explorer for MySQL.
Sorry if this is too elementary:
I want to display the field values of a table into a dropdown list, eg. name
of employee for selection,
what steps I need to do? This will be done in asp.net (VWD 2010 Express
edition)

From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 30-06-2010 07:20, Man T wrote:
>> Don't use the ODBC driver.
>>
>> Use the MySQL connector for .NET.
>>
>> You connect to MySQL similar to how you connect to any database
>> using ADO.NET.

> I just created the MySQL connection from Database explorer for MySQL.
> Sorry if this is too elementary:
> I want to display the field values of a table into a dropdown list, eg. name
> of employee for selection,
> what steps I need to do? This will be done in asp.net (VWD 2010 Express
> edition)

More or less like for any other database.

The main difference being that database specific classname will
start with MySql and not Sql or SqlCe or Oracle or ....

Arne