From: ash4work on
hi
I would be happy and thankful if anyone can help me with the following

*what algorithm to use for vocal pitch detection
*is it possible to implement it in a real time system using TMS320C50
hoping for your reply

From: fatalist on
On Aug 3, 8:43 am, "ash4work" <shyarebash(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
wrote:
> hi
> I would be happy and thankful if anyone can help me with the following
>
> *what algorithm to use for vocal pitch detection
> *is it possible to implement it in a real time system using TMS320C50
> hoping for your reply

*what algorithm to use for vocal pitch detection

Most certainly US Patent 7124075 without any doubt (you are talking
about one vocal, right ?)

http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=dB97AAAAEBAJ&dq=7124075

*is it possible to implement it in a real time system using TMS320C50

Sure it is, if it's simplified and optimized

Be sure to let us know about your success :-)
From: Vladimir Vassilevsky on

ash4work wrote:

> hi
> I would be happy and thankful if anyone can help me with the following

Be happy and don't stick your nose into the things that you have no clue
about.

> *what algorithm to use for vocal pitch detection

Normalized autocorrelation with upsampling to refine the result, or FFT
harmonic peak matching.

> *is it possible to implement it in a real time system using TMS320C50
> hoping for your reply

It is hardly possible since TMS320C50 was phased out some 20 years ago.

Vladimir Vassilevsky
DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
http://www.abvolt.com
From: Fred Marshall on
Vladimir Vassilevsky wrote:

> It is hardly possible since TMS320C50 was phased out some 20 years ago.
>

> Vladimir Vassilevsky
> DSP and Mixed Signal Design Consultant
> http://www.abvolt.com

Vlad,

Of course it's "possible". The class notes go back that far!!

Fred
From: robert bristow-johnson on
On Aug 3, 8:59 am, fatalist <simfid...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 8:43 am, "ash4work" <shyarebash(a)n_o_s_p_a_m.gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > hi
> > I would be happy and thankful if anyone can help me with the following
>
> > *what algorithm to use for vocal pitch detection
> > *is it possible to implement it in a real time system using TMS320C50
> > hoping for your reply
>
> *what algorithm to use for vocal pitch detection
>
> Most certainly US Patent 7124075 without any doubt (you are talking
> about one vocal, right ?)
>
>  http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=dB97AAAAEBAJ&dq=7124075
>
> *is it possible to implement it in a real time system using TMS320C50
>
> Sure it is, if it's simplified and optimized
>
> Be sure to let us know about your success :-)

Vlad, weren't you going to be greeting Dmitry?

r b-j