From: NJ08512 on
I am developing an application where I am periodically creating shadow sets
on Windows XP hosts. I am keeping the shadow copy open so that it will remain
available. When I create a new shadow copy, I close the old one and create
the new one after saving only those files that were changed for the old
shadow copy.

I also need to restore files on occasion from either the existing shadow set
or from the old saved files. I need to be able to notify writers if I restore
any of their files.

I have a number of questions about how to proceed:

1. Is this functionality possible with VSS?

2. If it is possible, do I need to create a new IVssBackupComponents object
for the restore, or can I use the existing one for the open shadow set?

2. Do I need to save the BackupComponents document from the old shadow sets?
Do I need to recreate the writer Metadata and Components documents?

3. If only some files in a component set are to be restored, do I also need
to restore the other files in the component set?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.