From: Tom St Denis on

On Mar 7, 3:08=A0am, Pascal Junod <pascal.ju...(a)heig-vd.ch> wrote:
> The volume will consist of a mix of invited contributions and of high-
> quality submissions on all aspects of linear cryptanalysis of block
> and stream ciphers, including, but not necessarily limited to the
> following topics:

Sadly I have nothing to contribute to the journal, but I'd be totally
interested in picking up a copy when it's in print. Could you please
post to sci.crypt again when it's available?

Also, have you guys considered a consolidation with differential
cryptanalysis (and/or is their a volume on that anyways?

Thanks,
Tom

From: Pascal Junod on
Dear Tom,

> > The volume will consist of a mix of invited contributions and of high-
> > quality submissions on all aspects of linear cryptanalysis of block
> > and stream ciphers, including, but not necessarily limited to the
> > following topics:
>
> Sadly I have nothing to contribute to the journal, but I'd be totally
> interested in picking up a copy when it's in print.  Could you please
> post to sci.crypt again when it's available?

The volume won't be ready before the beginning of 2011, but I'll
advertise its availability to this group as soon as I know more.

> Also, have you guys considered a consolidation with differential
> cryptanalysis (and/or is their a volume on that anyways?

No, we will not address differential cryptanalysis. There are several
books about
differential cryptanalysis, including Biham and Shamir's one published
at Springer
about 15 years ago. But I am not aware of a currently available book
describing *advanced* variants of differential cryptanalysis (like
boomerang or
rectangle ones, or within the related-key setting) in details.

Cheers,

Pascal