From: E®!k /!$$E® on
Two months ago Grafx announced:

"GrafX Software, a Visual Studio Industry Partner, announce plans to
simultaneously ship Vulcan.NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2010"

If you look at www.govulcan.net, you do not find any release news of Vulcan
..20, where the release version of VS2010 is available for two weeks now.
Fortunately we are used to not making the announced release dates of Grafx,
so this is nothing new under the sun.

Interesting though is the video on govulcan.net where the integration of
Vulcan in VS2010 is demonstrated.
This video is 'misleading' as the great feature shown, Historical debugging
or IntelliTrace, is not going to be available for (most)Vulcan users.

The VS2010 version that comes with Vulcan2.0 will not support is, as this is
(according to Grafx) a professional version supporting only one language.
VS2010 professional does not support it
VS2010 premium does not support it
VS2010 Test Professional does not support it.
VIDE does not support this.

Only VS2010 Ultimate supports this feature.

From: Al on
"E�!k \/!$$E�" <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> Two months ago Grafx announced:
>
> "GrafX Software, a Visual Studio Industry Partner, announce plans to
> simultaneously ship Vulcan.NET 2.0 with Visual Studio 2010"
>
> If you look at www.govulcan.net, you do not find any release news of
> Vulcan .20, where the release version of VS2010 is available for two
> weeks now.
> Fortunately we are used to not making the announced release dates of
> Grafx, so this is nothing new under the sun.
>
> Interesting though is the video on govulcan.net where the integration of
> Vulcan in VS2010 is demonstrated.
> This video is 'misleading' as the great feature shown, Historical
> debugging or IntelliTrace, is not going to be available for (most)Vulcan
> users.
>
> The VS2010 version that comes with Vulcan2.0 will not support is, as this
> is (according to Grafx) a professional version supporting only one
> language.
> VS2010 professional does not support it
> VS2010 premium does not support it
> VS2010 Test Professional does not support it.
> VIDE does not support this.
>
> Only VS2010 Ultimate supports this feature.

And the purpose of your post is what exactly?

Al

From: E®!k /!$$E® on
> And the purpose of your post is what exactly?

To do what Grafx fails to do: to inform.
We wouldn't want Brian to get unsatisfied and disappointed customers, do we?
( and yes, I am getting paid for this by a competitor ... <g>)

Erik

From: Willie Moore on
Erik,

I can say that while you may not see an announcement, Vulcan does run
under VS 2010.

Regards,
Willie

signature database 5067 (20100428) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: E®!k /!$$E® on
Willie,

How did you do this?
I have installed Vulcan (my newest build 157) after installing VS2010 but it
did not hook in.

Erik