Prev: Boot Problem
Next: Herc
From: Rob on
Since we are on W7 problems.

I had to change a MB in a W7 machine and since 775 socket MB's are
becoming short in supply used an earlier board with P45 to P41 chipset.

Is there a way to do a repair install in W7 like XP?

I did manage to reload W7 but fortunately the PC had another HDD spare
and eventually did a clean install on that.

I know this hasn't solved the problem of keeping all the programmes and
information which now need to be transferred onto the "new" C: drive.

So what's the procedure as the MB change needed to reload W7 and the
options as far as I could work out using the install CD would not work.

Are there any suggestions how and where to look. this is my first
instance of a W7 OS repair.

thanks

Pages: 1
Prev: Boot Problem