From: aktell on
Hi there,

I have installed PEAR onto a WAMP Server and everything seem to work well e.g. WAMP Server Config, Tools, Projects – PhpmyAdmin, PhpInfo etc, and even the web based PEAR Package manager.
I have packages installed and can view everything in the command prompt of my Windows XP set up. My normal Php files work well in the WAMP www directory, BUT if I want to start using a very simple DB Php connection file with PEAR code I get a Error that it cant find the MDB2.php or just nothing at all in the browser!

Getting on with other files like looking for packages which are installed /* require 'C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR/Structures/DataGrid.php'; */ it always comes up that it cant find the MDB2.php.
The file is in /* C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR */ even not if I try to use this pathway /* require_once( 'PEAR/MDB2.php' ); */ where it is located!

thanks for any help in advance aktell
From: Christian Weiske on
Hi aktell,

> I have installed PEAR onto a WAMP Server and everything seem to work
> well e.g. WAMP Server Config, Tools, Projects – PhpmyAdmin, PhpInfo
> etc, and even the web based PEAR Package manager. I have packages
> installed and can view everything in the command prompt of my Windows
> XP set up. My normal Php files work well in the WAMP www directory,
> BUT if I want to start using a very simple DB Php connection file
> with PEAR code I get a Error that it cant find the MDB2.php or just
> nothing at all in the browser!
>
> Getting on with other files like looking for packages which are
> installed /* require
> 'C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR/Structures/DataGrid.php'; */ it always
> comes up that it cant find the MDB2.php. The file is in /*
> C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.0\PEAR */ even not if I try to use this
> pathway /* require_once( 'PEAR/MDB2.php' ); */ where it is
> located!

Did you follow the "Checking if PEAR works" instructions?
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.checking.php
"Verifying the include path"

I suspect your include path is not setup properly. Following the
steps in the manual should tell you how to fix it.

--
Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Weiske

-= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-