From: Dani on
Hi I'm hearing a lot about WCF and want to know:
1. what version of CF is it?
2. I can use with Visual Studio 2005 side. NET CF. NET full (so I guess
you see the 3. NET full)?
3. if present in the CF server also allows you to create the mobile side?
4. have exceeded the limits of TcpListener TcpClient and CF 2? to
understand the limits and sendtimeout ReceiveTimeout and connect timeout
not set, data packet size limits etc etc (but I'm interested in
particular these two).
5. platform which supports mobile side (WinCE 5)?

Thanks for any replies.

Dani.
From: Paul G. Tobey [eMVP] paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ on
1. WCF *clients* are supported in .NET Compact Framework 3.5, if that's what
you're asking.

2. No, VS2005 doesn't support .NET CF 3.5. You need VS2008. The rest of
this item in your list is unintelligible.

3. You cannot create WCF servers in .NET CF 3.5, at least not by using the
framework components from Microsoft.

4. You didn't ask a question here.

5. Since the .NET CF 3.5 is the basis of WCF support, any platform that
supports .NET CF 3.5 should allow you to write WCF *clients*.

Paul T.

From: Dani on
Thank's.
....... Since the .NET CF 3.5 is the basis of WCF support, any platform that
> supports .NET CF 3.5 should allow you to write WCF *clients*.
>
> Paul T.

Pages: 1
Prev: Windows Messages
Next: Storage Key