From: questionhead on
over the past few months my computer has slowed considerably and I've begun
to see errors like this when I go to word documents. I've checked protect
documents tab but I can't change anything even in the review window. I can
still do what I need to but this is really getting irritating
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
Well, it should actually be C:\Program Files\Microsoft
Office\Office12\1033\MSO.acl. If you have one with the name in your subject
line, then it is a damaged file and should be removed. In general, however,
..acl files store AutoCorrect entries, and there will be one for each
language (1033 is English).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Jay Freedman on
Further, trying to answer the question that wasn't asked, i.e., "Why is the
computer slow?", the answer probably has nothing at all to do with .acl
files and maybe nothing to do with Office.

Have you run anti-virus and anti-malware scans? Maybe your computer has been
conscripted into a spambot army and forced to spend its resources on sending
scam email.

Have you cleaned up unneeded temporary files
(http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm explains how)?

Have you checked the Windows Event Log for error messages that could point
to misconfigured software or failing hardware?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman