From: maury on
On Nov 19, 5:05 pm, Al Clark <acl...(a)danvillesignal.com> wrote:
> Chris Bore <chris.b...(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:800af185-2dd5-40a5-9db5-
> 5d5e09c7b...(a)w19g2000yqk.googlegroups.com:
>
> > I'd love to attend the comp.dsp conference, but did you know it is
> > arranged at the Easter weekend (2nd April is Good Friday)? that makes
> > it really expensive to travel.. :-(
>
> Hi Vladimir,
>
> I think it might make sense to try to move the conference a week later. I'm
> sure Easter will have an impact as Chris points out.
>
> Al
>

> > Chris
> > ===========================Chris Bore
> > BORES Signal Processing
> >www.bores.com
>
> > On Nov 14, 9:31 pm, Vladimir Vassilevsky <nos...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> >> Gentlemen,
>
> >> I think it would be a good idea to put up a page with the brief
> >> information about the COMP.DSP participants. That would allow us to know
> >> each other better.
> >> Each entry could have a picture with few lines of informal text.  So, i
> >> you can provide some information about yourself, link to your web page,
> >> what you do, what are you interested in, what do you like, what do you
> >> dislike, credentials, contact, picture, slogan, etc. It is OK if you
> >> prefer to go by nickname or use avatar in place of photo.
> >> Everybody is welcome to submit an entry regardless if they decide to
> >> attend the COMP.DSP 2010 conference in Kansas City. However please
> >> indicate if you are planning to be at the conference.
>
> >> You can send your info to the following address: comp...(a)abvolt.com
>
> >> COMP.DSP 2010 Conference:  http://www.compdsp.com
>
> >> //-------------
>
> >> With Best Regards,
>
> >> Vladimir Vassilevsky- Hide quoted text -

Oops!
I didn't realize Easter was as early as it is next year. If the
conference is Easter weekend, I won't be able to make it (well I
could, but you guys would have to come to my funeral).

Maurice Givens
From: Rune Allnor on
On 20 Nov, 17:29, maury <maury...(a)core.com> wrote:

> Oops!
> I didn't realize Easter was as early as it is next year.  If the
> conference is Easter weekend, I won't be able to make it (well I
> could, but you guys would have to come to my funeral).

Heh, there is a lot to be said about the comp.dsp regulars,
but for some reason it does not surprise me that

1) Somebody suggested Easter weekend for the conference
2) It took weeks until somebody noticed

Which pretty much summarizes all the best (and all the worst)
of comp.dsp...

And no. I am not able to attend the conference, be it in Easter
or not.

Rune
From: Rick Armstrong on
> Heh, there is a lot to be said about the comp.dsp regulars,
> but for some reason it does not surprise me that
>
> 1) Somebody suggested Easter weekend for the conference
> 2) It took weeks until somebody noticed

I thought the same thing after it was pointed out: "what a buncha
godless heathens these tech folk are!...kindred spirits!".

Rick Armstrong

P.S. No offense is intended toward the not-godless tech folk. :)
From: Eric Jacobsen on
On 11/20/2009 1:01 PM, Rick Armstrong wrote:
>> Heh, there is a lot to be said about the comp.dsp regulars,
>> but for some reason it does not surprise me that
>>
>> 1) Somebody suggested Easter weekend for the conference
>> 2) It took weeks until somebody noticed
>
> I thought the same thing after it was pointed out: "what a buncha
> godless heathens these tech folk are!...kindred spirits!".
>

> Rick Armstrong
>
> P.S. No offense is intended toward the not-godless tech folk. :)

Especially since the noted reason for not having it near Easter weekend
is the airline ticket prices. ;)

--
Eric Jacobsen
Minister of Algorithms
From: Richard Owlett on
Eric Jacobsen wrote:
> On 11/20/2009 1:01 PM, Rick Armstrong wrote:
>>> Heh, there is a lot to be said about the comp.dsp regulars,
>>> but for some reason it does not surprise me that
>>>
>>> 1) Somebody suggested Easter weekend for the conference
>>> 2) It took weeks until somebody noticed
>>
>> I thought the same thing after it was pointed out: "what a buncha
>> godless heathens these tech folk are!...kindred spirits!".
>>

>> Rick Armstrong
>>
>> P.S. No offense is intended toward the not-godless tech folk. :)
>
> Especially since the noted reason for not having it near Easter weekend
> is the airline ticket prices. ;)

What about us Godly people within "driving distance"?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: VDSP and version control
Next: simulation WiMAX