From: winapi on
> Thanks for that. However, I've found another solution,
> I'm not sure if you are supposed to do it this way or not
> but it works for me..

If it looks right, then you have solved your problem.

>only thing i'm not able to do is clip the popup with the MDI frame ]
> if you resize an egde to overlap it.

Sorry, what do you mean by clip exactly?

From: dgwin32 on
Popup windows seem to overlap the mdi frame, when I resize the mdi frame so
that
a window edge crosses the popup, I want the part of the popup outside the
window to
be masked. so it looks as if the popup is a mdichild window.

From: Alf P. Steinbach /Usenet on
* dgwin32, on 29.06.2010 01:14:
> Popup windows seem to overlap the mdi frame, when I resize the mdi frame so
> that
> a window edge crosses the popup, I want the part of the popup outside the
> window to
> be masked. so it looks as if the popup is a mdichild window.

Oh dear. Just make it a child window. Then it's moved and clipped automatically.

Cheers & hth.,

- Alf

From: Dee Earley on
On 25/06/2010 12:19, dgwin32 wrote:
> I'm using mingw/gcc and writing a WIN32 app, or trying to...
>
> Does anyone have an example of a custom control which
> shows custom popup windows? I'm trying to recreate create a colour picker
> button which
> when pressed will display a popup panel to the side of the button showing a
> grid of
> 255 colours which can be selected
> (similar to this
> http://www.adobe.com/devnet/dreamweaver/golive_migration/images/css_fig08.jpg)

Like a combo box?
It shows a new window when you press the button, and hides itself when
you select an option, OR it loses focus.
Same way a normal popup menu does.

There is no special window type needed.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems

Please reply to the group.)
From: dgwin32 on
I tried this and it wouldn't work when my control was placed in the toolbar,
it would only show a thin slither of it in the toolbar.

I removed all the clip children styles from the toolbar and parent controls
but it still didnt work.