From: painang846 on
Windows Live Messenger version 2009:

I am experiencing some difficulty with Installation of the New WLM 2009.

Five times now I have gone through the process of downloading and
installing. Each time the process gets to 75% a ROLLBACK kicks in to reverse
all items of the download. This also manages to remove my existing WLM
version 8.1. So again it's off to download the messenger and installation.
For whatever reason I am unable to download and install the 8.5 version too.

For information of the installation failures I append here all item of text
as shown alongside each item:

1. MESSENGER aborted: 0x80004004

2. PHOTO GALLERY i) A network error occurred while attempting to read from
file C:\Windows\Installer\PhotoLibrary.msi
ii) hr:0x80070643

3. TOOLBAR aborted: 0x80004004
Enhancement Pack - failed_prior_task:0x80004004
Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime - failed_prior_task:0x80004004
Microsoft Sync Framework Service - failed_prior_task:0x80004004
Windows Live Upload Tool - aborted: 0x80004004
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant - aborted: 0x80004004
Installer - aborted: 0x80004004
Choice Guard - aborted: 0x80004004

4. WRITER
Choice Guard - aborted: 0x80004004
NET Framework - aborted: 0x80004004
Installer - aborted: 0x90004004
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant - aborted: 0x80004004
Windows Upload Tool - aborted: 0x80004004

5. FAMILY SAFETY
Choice Guard - aborted: 0x80004004
Installer - aborted: 0x80004004
Windows Sign-in - aborted: 0x80004004
Windows Upload Tool - aborted: 0x80004004

6. MICROSOFT OFFICE LIVE ADD_IN
Choice Guard - aborted: 0x80004004
Windows Sign-in Assistant - aborted: 0x80004004
Windows Upload Tool - aborted: 0x80004004

It should be noted that I tried to remove earlier installations of the Photo
Gallery without success.

Dated: 16th January 2009

--
nicpet
From: Sachmo912 on
I am having the exact same problem, have you found a solution yet???

From: sha10ly88 on

"painang846" wrote:

> Windows Live Messenger version 2009:
>
> I am experiencing some difficulty with Installation of the New WLM 2009.
>
> Five times now I have gone through the process of downloading and
> installing. Each time the process gets to 75% a ROLLBACK kicks in to reverse
> all items of the download. This also manages to remove my existing WLM
> version 8.1. So again it's off to download the messenger and installation.
> For whatever reason I am unable to download and install the 8.5 version too.
>
> For information of the installation failures I append here all item of text
> as shown alongside each item:
>
> 1. MESSENGER aborted: 0x80004004
>
> 2. PHOTO GALLERY i) A network error occurred while attempting to read from
> file C:\Windows\Installer\PhotoLibrary.msi
> ii) hr:0x80070643
>
> 3. TOOLBAR aborted: 0x80004004
> Enhancement Pack - failed_prior_task:0x80004004
> Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime - failed_prior_task:0x80004004
> Microsoft Sync Framework Service - failed_prior_task:0x80004004
> Windows Live Upload Tool - aborted: 0x80004004
> Windows Live Sign-in Assistant - aborted: 0x80004004
> Installer - aborted: 0x80004004
> Choice Guard - aborted: 0x80004004
>
> 4. WRITER
> Choice Guard - aborted: 0x80004004
> NET Framework - aborted: 0x80004004
> Installer - aborted: 0x90004004
> Windows Live Sign-in Assistant - aborted: 0x80004004
> Windows Upload Tool - aborted: 0x80004004
>
> 5. FAMILY SAFETY
> Choice Guard - aborted: 0x80004004
> Installer - aborted: 0x80004004
> Windows Sign-in - aborted: 0x80004004
> Windows Upload Tool - aborted: 0x80004004
>
> 6. MICROSOFT OFFICE LIVE ADD_IN
> Choice Guard - aborted: 0x80004004
> Windows Sign-in Assistant - aborted: 0x80004004
> Windows Upload Tool - aborted: 0x80004004
>

> It should be noted that I tried to remove earlier installations of the Photo
> Gallery without success.
>
> Dated: 16th January 2009
>
> --
> nicpet

I am facing the same problem too!!!
From: Brian Hemstedt Brian on
Same problem here - only i am only trying to install the MSN messenger, ant
none of the other apps. I am running Vista Ultimate 64. Are you running 32 or
64 bit versions ?
From: CharliePHXAZ on

"painang846" wrote:

> Windows Live Messenger version 2009:
>
> I am experiencing some difficulty with Installation of the New WLM 2009.
>
> Five times now I have gone through the process of downloading and
> installing. Each time the process gets to 75% a ROLLBACK kicks in to reverse
> all items of the download. This also manages to remove my existing WLM
> version 8.1. So again it's off to download the messenger and installation.
> For whatever reason I am unable to download and install the 8.5 version too.
>
> For information of the installation failures I append here all item of text
> as shown alongside each item:
>
> 1. MESSENGER aborted: 0x80004004
>
> 2. PHOTO GALLERY i) A network error occurred while attempting to read from
> file C:\Windows\Installer\PhotoLibrary.msi
> ii) hr:0x80070643

Same issue w/XP Media Center SP3