From: winapi on
Hi there,

I noticed that the WM_NCLBUTTONUP does not seem to behave as I expected, eg.
.. . . . .

LRESULT Subclass()
{
static BOOL check = false;

swicth(msg)
{

case WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN:
check = true;
break;

case WM_NCLBUTTONUP:
check = false;
break;
}

}

So when you release the mouse button(WM_NCLBUTTONUP)
the boolean does not change to false? Does anybody
know what the fix is for this, if there is indeed an issue.
Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Thanks!

From: Matti Vuori on
"winapi" <apiwin(a)hotmail.com> wrote in
> Any suggestions would be appreciated?

(Try it with working code... because of a typo (swicth) this won't even
compile...)

Perhaps this page explains what happens to you:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/521147/the-curious-problem-of-the-
missing-wm-nclbuttonup-message-when-a-window-isnt-max
From: Preben Friis on
"winapi" <apiwin(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So when you release the mouse button(WM_NCLBUTTONUP)
> the boolean does not change to false? Does anybody
> know what the fix is for this, if there is indeed an issue.

What is your function supposed to return? If you do not indicate that you
handled the "down" message, there is no reason to tell you that it is "up".

From: winapi on

"Preben Friis" <noone(a)technologist.com> wrote in message
> "winapi" <apiwin(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> So when you release the mouse button(WM_NCLBUTTONUP)
>> the boolean does not change to false? Does anybody
>> know what the fix is for this, if there is indeed an issue.
>
> What is your function supposed to return? If you do not indicate that you
> handled the "down" message, there is no reason to tell you that it is
> "up".

It's was just to give a rough outline. The code posted will not work, but
just to show
a basic idea. Thanks.

From: winapi on

"Matti Vuori" <xmvuori(a)kolumbus.fi> wrote in message
> "winapi" <apiwin(a)hotmail.com> wrote in
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated?
>
> (Try it with working code... because of a typo (swicth) this won't even
> compile...)

Yes, that code "posted" will not work, as you have stated above. It was just
to give
a rough outline.

> Perhaps this page explains what happens to you:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/521147/the-curious-problem-of-the-
> missing-wm-nclbuttonup-message-when-a-window-isnt-max

Thanks for the link.