From: Robert Scott on
My customers with WM6.5 report that my app shows a larger font on its menu than
it did under previous WM systems. I don't have a WM6.5 here, so I can't test
it. Why is this happening? I developed the application using EVC4.0, and the
menu was developed using the standard Win32 API, using a Menubar resource, and:

SHMENUBARINFO mbi;
ZeroMemory(&mbi, sizeof(SHMENUBARINFO));
mbi.cbSize = sizeof(SHMENUBARINFO);
mbi.hwndParent = hwnd;
mbi.nToolBarId = IDM_MENU;
mbi.hInstRes = instMain;
if (!SHCreateMenuBar(&mbi))
return NULL;

This has not changed in 5 years. And these customers tell me mine is the only
program whose menu has been affected by WM6.5.

Robert Scott
Ypsilanti, Michigan
From: Stephen Bye on
I can't answer your question, but here is some more information that you may
find useful:

Apparently some WM6 touch-screen devices (such as HTC Touch Pro) use a huge
font for the menus so that operating the device with your fingers instead of
a stylus is easier.
You (or rather, your customers) can adjust the menu font size by using a
registry editor to reduce the values of one or both of the following keys:
HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\BarFnt\Ht
HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\PopFnt\Ht