From: Gadgetgw on
have a Windows 7 Ultimate desktop with plenty of disk and ram space.

I have a HTC6500 windows mobile device.

I was able to install and get the device syncing. During that session i
could disconnect and re-connect any number of time and still sync.

I have left it a few days and had to get some other devices connected like
iPhone and it remore application which required my to add a few more
exceptions to the firewall, restart and then connect all ok.

now when i try to connect the HTC it tries to connect then times out without
errors displayed.

this has happened before and i just uninstalled everything and started from
scratch.

Clearly i dont want to have to do that each day or after i install someting
else.

Ideas

Graeme
From: Gadgetgw on
I have uninstalled everything, including the RNDIS and the WMDC and the WDMC
Drive update which is labelled ...AMD64 but worked last week.

Re-installed the driver update which automatically installed the WDMC, and
the driver when i plugged the device in

Nothing won't connect at all, have removed the existing partnership and no
change.

Graeme

From: Gadgetgw on
Further

I have installed XP Mode on the windows 7 computer.

I was able to attach the Generic RNDIS usb device and sync with Activesync
4.5 on the virtual PC on this computer,

So apparently the driver is working it's just something about the 64bit
version of WMDC or the connection between the two.