From: MedRxman on
Can I have a partnership with my WM5 device with one PC using ActiveSync 4.5
and
another PC with Windows 7 ?

TIA,

BL

From: r_z_aret on
On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:53:58 -0500, "MedRxman" <medrxman(a)yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Can I have a partnership with my WM5 device with one PC using ActiveSync 4.5
>and
>another PC with Windows 7 ?

I'm surprised no one has answered already. I haven't actually tried
this, but I see no reason why it should be a problem. I have connected
one device to WM 7 as a guest, and to two other versions of Windows as
a partner.

I do recommend caution about how you set up each partnership. Make
sure the settings to override or merge data are what _you_ want, so
you don't make unwanted changes in your data. In fact, I recommend
making a backup of your "desktop" Outlook data before you start; at
least for pre-7 Windows, look for Outlook.pst in
C:\Documents and Settings\yourid\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook
Note that "Local Settings" is probably hidden, so you'll need to do
some extra work. I use a DOS box (cmd).

>TIA,
>
>BL

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: Sven on
Just an FYI, don't mess with the .pst while Outlook is open, it can be
unpleasant. Yea, just copying it shouldn't hurt. Famous last words. You can
always use the export function in Outlook to export everything to a backup
..pst as well.