From: elizas on

Sometimes you need to scan messages comming to your mail to check if it
contains some viruses or malicious programs. Also in situations like
while downloading content you need to scan the content before you
download.

'Eliza'
(http://www.mindfiresolutions.com/Calling-a-Antivirus-to-scan-the-content-in-NETAvast-547.php)

--
elizas
elizas's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/181051.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers on
elizas <elizas.469hja(a)donotspam.com> wrote:
> Sometimes you need to scan messages comming to your mail to check if
> it contains some viruses or malicious programs.

Yes. So?

> Also in situations like while downloading content you need to scan the
> content before you download.

No, you don't.

Besides, what exactly does any of that have to do with firewalls?

cu
59cobalt
--Mark Russinovich
From: Regis on
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <usenet-2010(a)planetcobalt.net> writes:

> elizas <elizas.469hja(a)donotspam.com> wrote:
>> Sometimes you need to scan messages comming to your mail to check if
>> it contains some viruses or malicious programs.
>
> Yes. So?
>
>> Also in situations like while downloading content you need to scan the
>> content before you download.
>
> No, you don't.
>
> Besides, what exactly does any of that have to do with firewalls?

Actually not quite as unrelated actually as they once were. With
multifunction proxies that include firewalling, inline malware
scanning on http proxy, and integrated mail scanning all in a device
being marketed as an enhanced firewall, it's not as OT as you might
think.

Was the post nearly imcomprehensible? Sure. OT, ... meh.

From: Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers on
Regis <ordsec(a)gmail.org> wrote:
> Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers <usenet-2010(a)planetcobalt.net> writes:
>> elizas <elizas.469hja(a)donotspam.com> wrote:
>>> Sometimes you need to scan messages comming to your mail to check if
>>> it contains some viruses or malicious programs.
>>
>> Yes. So?
>>
>>> Also in situations like while downloading content you need to scan
>>> the content before you download.
>>
>> No, you don't.
>>
>> Besides, what exactly does any of that have to do with firewalls?
>
> Actually not quite as unrelated actually as they once were. With
> multifunction proxies that include firewalling, inline malware
> scanning on http proxy, and integrated mail scanning all in a device
> being marketed as an enhanced firewall, it's not as OT as you might
> think.

You have a point, although I'd doubt that the OP was meant that way.

cu
59cobalt
--Mark Russinovich